Kabir

Kabir

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Samelan 2011

[Every time I listen to the vaheguru simran, im transported back to that hall in the school in klang. Our darbar it was for six days.
The moment I see in my minds eye is that time on friday night. I had tried,as I stood at the entrance, right at the bck, to take it all in.i feel like a movie cameraman on panorama,the view sweeping all over. That night when the darbar was filed with bodies,all white,moving in prayer. White gauzy curtains billowing under blue light. The jatha on stage , the magnificent look of Guru Sahib.
Rewind a few days to Day 0. Arriving at the school thinking, im here. Whatever may happen in life, whatever you go through, and no matter how long u missed out, this is how you feel. Meeting all these people, who make you feel like a million bucks.all these people that love,support, and are inspirations to us. Veer jagdave says in his interview in the latest Sikh that he was attracted by the brotherhood concept and well, aint it true.
The penjis i've had for quite a while nw,who never stop awing me and who never stop teaching,loving and inspiring me. The friends i've made and the loads of new ones I continue to make each time. The older generation that never stops to amaze me with experience,wisdom and love. The kids who never stop making me smile with their mad antics,reminding me of my own wild self,the questions they lean on you for,of how mature they are,how smart and how innocent and needing they are.
The endless endless sewa to be done,the endless endless sewa that gets done. Every time. All those unhuman strength people that work without rest.
I look back at the tropic thunder when the children had to make a cup of cha,and how I smiled when it was the perfect,sweeet one. The questions at are you smarter than a 5th grader when my heart swell each time they answered correctly. The day our team did darbar sewa and jagdish and rajkiran led ardas and hukamnama beautifully.
Every day charanjit's latest comment,pengay,shouts, you name it. He kept us entertained and baffled. And the time during langgar sewa that they rushed to decide who served,washed dishes,poured water and all else. Keep that spirit going.
Throughout the days all the little kids that just come and give you hugs and kisses, those little bodies emanating love and innocence and extreme adorability.
All those times we laughed like crazy over something reaaaly funny,and those times more so for not so funny stuff.
The tears sliding out of amrit penji's eyes at uncle dya singh's soul nation gig. I will never forget the goosebumps (gurubumps,says sukhindarpal) when he sings,voice soaring,flute sweet,tabla beating in my heart. Of how ajeets eyes were glassy when it ended.
Of how we shouted ourselves hoarse since veer vaar on the first day of SN.
Fast forward to the last day and the feeling of increasing dread in my chest. Nw this feeling starts for me on friday during samelan, knowing that, the panj pyare will come,and take Guru sahib away. And that Darbar will once again become a dewan. A measly hall in a school. And after He leaves, so will we.
Back up a little to cha and chill. Girly girl talk, women's talk with the best aunties and penjis. Hair and makeup sessions.
Classroom sessions. Realising that I m better than I thought ,thanks to gurpreet who got me to help out with waja. I enjoyed the sounds of waja,tabla,taus and rabab surrounding me. And of all the laughter,chatter,commotion and general shuffling with occassional bursts of voices by lecturers. I think all the kids,adults had something to learn from blast to the past,sikhi today, gurbani.
And our lunch/breakfast/tea/dinner sessions. Ahh those. Talking,debating,people watching,yes,even eating.
My fingers are cramping up I m typing on my phone. More to come.
Samelan 2011.
]

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: