Kabir

Kabir

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Glasgow diaries

Went to gurdwara today. It is Sunday, the perfect day to walk the half hour or so journey. So, lets start from start. 
Had gone for a friend's Halloween do last night, and by the time I got home and got some sleep (too much sugar from all the soda) it was LAATE.
So in the morning its a mad dash as I think I am late. Reach in record speed at the place I had arranged with a friend, and when she arrives she tells me I haven't changed my time, we are actually an hour early. HAHAHA I forgot to set my phone on auto change, so it was perfect really. 9 am sharp we walk for gurdwara. It is a rainy, dreary day, and we talk little, just hunched down from the cold and steady drizzle. 
Reach and it is quiet, I am happy. Quiet time means quality time. See some people are sitting in langgar, head straight up to darbar. 
Akhand path is going on, I sit and listen. And enjoy these moments, the few more minutes till it is time for the semapti of the path. The giani jis sing a shabad, he has a deep solid voice, the tune buoys me into calm and peace. Then as we are served hot delicious parshad I realise there are some girls climbing on stage. The secretary announces that Asa ki Vaar is now to begin. Ah, the joy! 
I grin and thank Guru ji, after all ohna ne meri sun leyi! 
She is good, the singer. Lots of gusto. I am just having a GREAT time, while noticing that people are coming in by the dozens. We decide to have some worldly nourishments (langgar), albeit reluctant to leave, I go. Soon after, we see the jatha is also in langgar, so it must be 4 chants that they did. 
Anyway after eating we sit for abit more, listening to the end of one jatha and the start of the melodious giani ji again. 
I decide that it is time to head back, with the rain and walk back it will take me some time to rest and prepare for homework and preparations. 
I arrive home boosted and buoyed. 

Thank you, Guruji. 

No comments: